MINISO USA Privacy Statement
Last Updated: May 27, 2021
MINISO USA (or “Miniso”, “we”) respects the privacy of your personal information. Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement introduces how we collect and process your personal information (or “personal data”), the purposes of such collection and processing, and the secure methods used to protect your personal information through our provision of services through Miniso websites (the “Site”, at minisousaonline.com) as well as our online and physical stores (together “Miniso Services”, or “Our Services”). By using Miniso Services, you consent to this Privacy Statement.
1. Personal Information We Collect
When you are using our Services, we will collect your personal information. We collected your personal data with legal basis and purposes, such as with your consent, necessity to enter into and perform contracts, compliance with legal obligation, and any other purpose listed in the applicable laws. We collected your personal information through the following approaches:
- You give some of your personal information directly to us, when you create or modify your Miniso account, subscribe to our advertisement, contact us, and purchase Miniso Services. You can choose not to provide certain personal information, however, in many cases we may not be able to offer you our Services or respond to your queries.
- Other personal information is collected automatically by us, when you visit, interact with or use Miniso Services (including when you use your computer or other device), or contact us.
- Information we collect from other sources: we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as third-party providers.
Depend on the scope of your interaction with Miniso Services, the categories of personal information we collected include:
- Contact information: Name, Email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact information
- Credentials: Usernames, passwords, and other authentication and security credential information
- Payment and Order information: Credit card, bank account information, and other payment information. Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
- Demographic information: Age, gender and other demographic information
- Video, Voice, and image: We may collect video, voice, and images through video monitoring for security purpose and respond to the requirements of local law, and internal policy.
- Internet or other similar network activity: Internet Protocol (IP), browsing history, search and commands history, and other interaction history
- Computer and device information: Such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, location or time zone setting
Cookies information: See “Cookies” in this Privacy Statement. As you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
2. How We Use Personal Information
In order to operate, offer and improve Miniso Services, we need to collect and process your personal information. The purposes of collecting and processing are as follows:
- Offer Miniso Services: We use your personal information to operate, and deliver Miniso Services, as well as process related transactions, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support and Improve our Services: We collect and process your personal information to measure the usage, analyze the performance, fix the error, offer the support, improve and develop our Service, including screening for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address).
- Comply with Legal Obligations: We collect and process personal information as required by applicable law and regulation.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to contact with you and respond to your queries.
- Advertising: We use your personal information to introduce Miniso Services (See “Advertising” in this Privacy Statement).
- Other Purpose We Seek Your Consent: If we use your personal information for any other purposes that are not listed in this Privacy Statement, we will ask for your consent before we use it for the new purposes.
We use “cookies” and/or similar technologies to provide you with essential features and services. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your device. A cookie can be sent to your device only if you access Miniso website with the device. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same device to access Miniso website, our web servers will be notified of your visit to our Miniso website and in turn we may recognize your visit and the pattern of your usage.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to get notification from browser when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser.
4. How We Share Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your personal information as described below to complete transaction, or to offer our Services you have requested or authorized, or to protect the property or rights of Miniso.
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information with Miniso-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries in the United States. Your personal information may be accessed by these Miniso-controlled companies for the purpose specified in this Privacy Statement;
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers when we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf. These third-party service providers may have access to personal information if the personal information is required for them to perform their functions and the third-party service providers are not allowed use it for other purposes;
- Other Third Parties Under Your Consent or Required by Applicable Law: We may share your personal information with other third parties under your consent or required by the law. For example, we may share personal information with law enforcement or other government agencies for complying with law or responding to legal process.
5. Location of Personal Information
MINISO USA is in United States. Personal information collected and processed by us may be stored and processed in the United States, in accordance with the scope of using. If we transfer your personal information to another jurisdiction, we will ensure the personal information subject to this Privacy Statement is processed according to the provisions of the statement and the applicable data protection laws.
6. How We Secure Personal Information
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We apply variety of means of technologies and procedures to protect your personal information, such as.
- We use security technical for processing personal information, including but not limited to the use of industry-standard encryption protocol Secure Socket Layer (SSL) when transmit sensitive information (such as payment information, registration information, or password) over the internet.
- We hold varieties of compliance program to ensure the security control, such as ISO/IEC 27001:2013, ISO/IEC 27701:2019.
- We limit the collection and process of personal information. For people who have access to personal information for their work, we deploy access control to ensure that they only have access to necessary information, and they are not allowed to use your personal information for other purposes.
- We deployed physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect our cloud environment and these security measures cover the collection, transmit, storage, and process of your personal information.
7. Your Rights to Access and Control Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your personal information subject to this Privacy Statement. You can view and update your account information through your profile page. If you cannot view, update and delete personal data processed by Miniso through the profile, you can always contact us by the means listed in the “How to Contact Us” section. We will respond to your request as soon as we can. Please note that in some cases, your ability of controlling of your personal information will be limited in accordance with applicable law.
You may receive marketing Email from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may unsubscribe it through the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you. For more information, please refer to the “Adverting” section in this Privacy Statement.
We will introduce some of our products to you through advertising by Email and SMS. If you do not want to receive marketing-related materials anymore, you may unsubscribe it through the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails sent to you, opt-out by SMS, or contact us at the below contact information.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of certain targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/247395082112892
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
9. Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect personal data of children (person under the age of 13). If a child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian may contact us and choose whether to give us permission. Once the consent or authorization from parents or guardians is granted, we will treat the child’s account as it is an ordinary account.
10. Retention of Personal Information
We keep personal information no longer than the necessity of providing the Miniso Services and fulfill your requirement, or of other legitimate purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing valid agreements. The actual retention period varies from different categories of personal information, due to the different using purpose. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. We will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
11. Changes to This Privacy Statement
12. California Consumer Privacy Act
These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). This disclosure only applies to the personal information subject to this Privacy Statement.
Right: You have the right to know about the collection, disclosure, and sale of your personal information, and the right to delete your personal information. In some cases, your right will be limited in accordance with applicable law. If you have any questions on accessing or controlling your personal information, you can always contact us by the means listed in the “How to Contact Us” section.
Sale: We do not sell any personal information of consumers as the terms defined under the CCPA, so we do not offer and opt-out to the sale of personal data.
Discrimination: We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
Agent: You may exercise your rights yourself or through an authorized agent, which is registered with the California Secretary of State. We may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf
Categories of personal information collected: During the preceding 12 months, the personal information we may collect or may have collected from consumers describe in “Personal Information We Collect” section
Disclosures of personal information for business or commercial purpose: During the preceding 12 months, we may disclose or have disclosed about consumers’ personal information for a business purpose as indicated in the section “How We Share Personal Information”.
13. Additional Rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
14. How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
USA MINISO DEPOT INC.
Re: Privacy Compliance/Marketing
200 S Los Robles, 200
Pasadena, CA 91101, United States
Stay In The Loop!
Get Exclusive Offers and Updates from MINISO