MINISO USA Privacy Statement
Last Updated: [May 6, 2023]
MINISO USA (or “MINISO” “Miniso”, “we”) respects the privacy of your Personal Information. Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement introduces how we collect and process data that relates, directly or indirectly, to you or your household (“Personal Information”), the purposes of such collection and processing, and the secure methods used to protect your Personal Information through our provision of services through Miniso website (the “Site”, at minisousaonline.com), Miniso membership system (at https://crmreg.miniso.com/#/index?nation=US&store=US) as well as our online and physical stores (together “Miniso Services”, or “Our Services”).
- Personal Information We Collect
We collect your Personal Information in order to deliver Miniso Services you request and continually improve our business functions. We collected your Personal Information through the following approaches:
- You give some of your Personal Information directly to us, when you create or modify your Miniso account, subscribe to our advertisement, contact us, and purchase Miniso Services. You can choose not to provide certain Personal Information, however, in many cases we may not be able to offer you Our Services or respond to your queries.
- Other Personal Information is collected automatically by us, when you visit, interact with or use Miniso Services (including when you use your computer or other device), or contact us.
- Information we collect from other sources: we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as third-party providers.
Depend on the scope of your interaction with Miniso Services, the categories of Personal Information we collected include:
- Identifying information: Name, Email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact information. We may request additional information necessary to establish and maintain customer’s account.
- Credentials: Usernames, passwords, and other authentication and security credential information.
- Payment information: Payment information includes transaction time, transaction amount, transaction number and the name of bank involved. Additionally, when you make a purchase as a Miniso member, we collect your Membership ID, phone number, membership points, and coupon collection and usage information.
- Order Information: When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase, we collect details of products and services you have purchased from us, and name, shipping address and phone number of the recipient and other delivery information.
- Demographic information: Date of birth, gender and other demographic information.
- Video, and image: We may collect video and images through video monitoring for security purpose and respond to the requirements of local law, and internal policy.
- Internet or other similar network activity: Internet Protocol (IP), browsing history, search and commands history, communication with customer services, and other interaction history such as keyboard or mouse-click information related to how you interact with the Site.
- Computer and device information: Such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, location or time zone setting.
- Cookies information: See “Cookies” in this Privacy Statement. As you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- How We Use Personal Information
In order to operate, offer and improve Miniso Services, we need to collect and process your Personal Information. The purposes of collecting and processing are as follows:
- Offer Miniso Services: We use your Personal Information to operate, and deliver Miniso Services, as well as process related transactions, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support and Improve Our Services: We collect and process your Personal Information to measure the usage, analyze the customer’s behavior and product performance, fix the error, offer the support, improve and develop Our Services, including screening for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), internal company reviews.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: We collect and process Personal Information as required by applicable law and regulation.
- Communicate with You: We use your Personal Information to contact with you and respond to your queries.
- Marketing Uses: Unless you/customer opt-out or unsubscribe, MINISO reserves the right to provide customer with information about Site, MINISO products and Miniso Services, and related information in which customer has indicated an interest. (See “Advertising” in this Privacy Statement).
We use “cookies” and other technologies such as cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and other tools to support various features and services on the Site. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your device. A cookie can be sent to your device only if you access Miniso website with the device. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same device to access Miniso website, our web servers will be notified of your visit to our Miniso website and in turn we may recognize your visit and the pattern of your usage.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to get notification from browser when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser.
Note that cookies, tags, and other tools placed by third parties may collect information about you and your visits to the Site and elsewhere on the Internet, including your preferences and browsing habits. If this information can be connected back to you, we consider it Personal Information. Third party advertisers, including social media platforms, may use such tracking technologies to collect or receive information from the Site and elsewhere and use that information to serve ads that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you and measure the effectiveness of their ads.
- How We Share Personal Information
Generally, we may share your Personal Information as described below to complete transaction, or to offer Our Services you have requested or authorized, or to protect the property or rights of Miniso.
- Within Corporate Organization. MINISO is a multinational organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. MINISO may share your personal information within the MINISO corporate organization, and may transfer the information to countries in the world where MINISO conducts business. Some countries may provide less legal protection for customer personal information.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Circumstances may arise where for business reasons, MINISO decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses in the United States or some other country. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal identifying information to prospective or actual purchasers, and/or receiving such information from sellers. It is MINISO's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- Agents. MINISO employs or engages other companies and individuals to perform business functions on behalf of MINISO. These persons are provided with personal identifying information required to perform their functions, but are prohibited by contract from using the information for other purposes. These persons engage in a variety of functions which include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services.
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information with Miniso-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries in the United States. Your Personal Information may be accessed by these Miniso-controlled companies for the purpose specified in this Privacy Statement.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers when we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf. These third-party service providers may have access to Personal Information if the Personal Information is required for them to perform their functions and the third-party service providers are not allowed use it for other purposes.
- Other Third Parties: Miniso may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on Miniso; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Miniso; or (c) protect the personal safety of Miniso personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances. In addition, if Miniso and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if Miniso undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
- How We Secure Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We apply commercially reasonable administrative, technological, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information, such as.
- We use security technical for processing Personal Information, including but not limited to the use of industry-standard encryption protocol Secure Socket Layer (SSL) when transmit sensitive information (such as payment information, registration information, or password) over the internet.
- We hold varieties of compliance program to ensure the security control, such as ISO/IEC 27001:2013, ISO/IEC 27701:2019.
- We limit the collection and processing of Personal Information. For people who have access to Personal Information for their work, we deploy access control to ensure that they only have access to necessary information, and they are not allowed to use your Personal Information for other purposes.
- We deployed physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect our cloud environment and these security measures cover the collection, transmit, storage, and process of your Personal Information.
- An Miniso website may contain links to other websites, Miniso is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. MINISO will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, MINISO shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of MINISO including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of MINISO staff and third parties.
- Your Rights to Access and Control Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your Personal Information subject to this Privacy Statement. You can view and update your account information through your profile page. If you cannot view, update and delete personal data processed by Miniso through the profile, you can always contact us by the means listed in the “How to Contact Us” section. We will respond to your request as soon as we can. Please note that in some cases, your ability of controlling of your Personal Information will be limited in accordance with applicable law.
We will introduce some of our products to you through advertising by Email and SMS. If you do not want to receive marketing-related materials anymore, you may unsubscribe it through the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails sent to you, opt-out by SMS, or contact us at the below contact information.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you on the Site. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of certain targeted advertising on the Site by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/247395082112892
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. Miniso’s website does recognize browser settings related to privacy, such as DNT And Global Privacy Controls. Further, as we have implemented site-specific preference settings, via either a cookie preference manager tool which appears as a banner on our homepage, or via your indications of preference noted in the “Exercising Privacy Rights” section below. Note that those preferences supersede general browser-based preference signals as allowed by applicable law.
- Children’s Personal Information
Miniso Services are designed with users primarily over the age of 16. However, we recognize that Our Services may be attractive to children under 16. Whenever we collect personal information from a child, we only keep the information for the time we need it to provide a service or for the time it’s legally required to be kept on record.
While children can choose to share their information, some features of Miniso’s website won’t function without their information. Where personal information is needed for this, we’ll only collect information that is reasonably required to take part in the activity.
When we collect ‘persistent identifiers’. In order to give visitors to our online channels more relevant and personalized online experiences, Miniso collects certain types on information (e.g. information on IP addresses, mobile device identifier, browsers, internet service providers, referring pages, exit pages, visitor frequency, operating systems, date stamps, time stamps and clickstream data). We collect this information using technologies such as cookies, pixels, flash cookies, web beacons and other unique identifiers. We may collect this information ourselves or ask a third party to process the data on our behalf. We use this data to give children access to online features and activities, to customize content, to improve our online channels, to analyze the performance of our online channels and to create anonymous reports.
If we need to collect a child’s personal information to provide a service requested by the child, we’ll ask for parental consent according to legal requirements (e.g. COPPA for the US and CCPA for California). If we don’t receive parental consent in a reasonable time, we’ll delete all information we’ve collected from the child, including the adult’s contact information that we asked for in order to request consent.
Parental choices and controls
At any time, parents or guardians can remove our use and collection of further personal information from their child. Parents or guardians can ask us to delete the personal information we have collected in connection with their child. As personal information is required for some services, deleting a child’s records may result in an account, membership or service being unavailable in the future.
- Retention of Personal Information
We keep Personal Information for providing the Miniso Services and fulfill your requirement, or of other legitimate purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing valid agreements. The actual retention period varies from different categories of Personal Information. To determine the retention period for your Personal Information, we may consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of such data, the potential risk of harm or any unauthorized disclosure, the using purposes as well as whether the retention period matches the necessity of such purposes, and other requirements stipulated by applicable law and regulation.
- Changes to This Privacy Statement
- State Privacy Rights
Pursuant to certain state laws (for example, California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et. seq) if you live in a state with a specific privacy law, you may request certain information about the type of your Personal Information we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes and the identity of any such third party. Once per calendar year, residents of certain states may request this information by contacting us as set forth below.
Additionally, these states may provide their residents a number of rights as they relate to Personal Information. These are the “right to know,” the “right to correct”, the “right to delete,” and the “right to opt-out.”
Right to Correct. Some state law gives their residents a limited right to request correction of Personal Information which is incorrect. However, this right is limited in that data which is objectively correct, or is opinion data is not subject to a correction request. Fundamentally, much of the Personal Information Miniso processes is automatically and objectively processes. As such, requests to correct Personal Information are usually limited to Personal Information which you have provided directly to us. If you would like to request correction of Personal Information, you may use any of the self-management tools on our website. If you cannot correct your Personal Information using those on-line tools, please see the section below which explains how exercise your privacy rights. If you do not have an account with Miniso, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request.
Right to Delete. Some state law gives their residents a limited right to request deletion of their Personal Information. However, this right is limited by a number of exceptions. Fundamentally, if Miniso has a permissible need to retain Personal Information, we are not under an obligation to delete such information, even when requested. Generally, we retain Personal Information so we may complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you; detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity; debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our online properties; enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with Miniso; comply with a legal obligation; or otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which your provided the information. As such, we generally do not accept requests to delete Personal Information. However, we will respond to requests to remove Personal Information from some of our systems as a part of a request to close or otherwise disable a membership account. If you would like to request deletion of Personal Information, please see the section below which explains how to do so. If you do not have an account with Miniso, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request.
Right to Opt-Out. Except via the use of affiliate advertising networks, Miniso does not sell, or share for purposes of cross-contextual behavioral advertising, your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. If you would like to opt-out of sharing your Personal Information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising, please use the opt-out mechanisms noted above in “Advertising”. To opt-out of marketing communications, please contact us as described in this policy.
Designating an Authorized Agent. California law permits California residents to designate an agent to manage their rights under California law. If you would like to designate an agent to manage your privacy preferences, you may do so using the mechanisms noted below under “Exercising Privacy Rights”. Note that if you do not have an account with Miniso, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request. We will also need sufficient Personal Information about your authorized agent to be able to identify them. As part of this process, you must have permission from your authorized agent to disclose their Personal Information to us for the purpose of acting as your agent.
Non-discrimination. Miniso will not discriminate against you because you exercised any your rights under this title, including, but not limited to: denying you access to goods or services; charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; providing a different level or quality of goods or services; suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of a state with specific privacy laws and would like to exercise any of your rights you may do so by contacting us via the methods described in “How to Contact Us”, using the opt-out tools described above, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or accessing your account or registration page on the Miniso website. Please provide us with sufficient information that enables us to verify your identity and the rights you have in the data subject to your request.
Please Note: there are a number of reasons which Miniso will retain your Personal Information even if you make a deletion request. Generally, these reasons are in order to defend a legal right or respond to a legal claim. However, applicable law also permits retention for our own internal business needs. If we decline to delete data after you have requested deletion, we will respond to you with our reasons, and explain how your Personal Information will still be protected so long as we retain it. Should you want to appeal our decision to decline your request, please contact us as described in “How to Contact Us” and indicate your wish to appeal our decision, and the reasons why you believe our explanation of the basis for declining your requires are improper. We will confirm your request to an appeal within 10 business days, and make a decision on your appeal within 45 days.
- How to Contact UsFor more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com, by telephone number at [323-926-9429], or by mail using the details provided below:
USA MINISO DEPOT INC.
Re: Privacy Compliance/Marketing
1050 Lakes Dr. , Suite 260, West Covina, CA 91790
Stay In The Loop!
Get Exclusive Offers and Updates from MINISO